Supporting ID Documents
ID POints system
Please ensure you supply supporting ID documents worth 100 points with your rental application.
- Birth Certificate of Extract
- Citizenship Certificate
- International Travel Document such as:
- Current Passport
- Uncancelled passport which has expired within the last 2 years
- Other document of identity which has the same characteristics as a passport (e.g. diplomatic document or similar issued to a refugee)
- Licence or permit issued under the law of the Commonwealth, a State or Territory (e.g Australian Drivers Licence)
- An Identity Card issued to a public employee
- An identification card issued to a student at a tertiary education institution.
A person’s name and address may be verified by:
- a current employer, or previous employer if within the last 2 years.
- a rating authority (e.g land rates)
- the Credit Reference Association of Australia (subject to the Privacy Act 1988)
- the Lan Titles Office records.
A person’s name, address and phone number may be verified by:
- reference to the latest telephone directory published by Telstra or by advice provided by Telstra.
- telephone contact with the signatory on that telephone number.
Secondary ID documents include:
- marriage certificate (for maiden name only)
- credit card
- council rates
- telephone account
- foreign drivers licence
- Medicare card
A person’s name and address can be verified via:
- the records of a public utility
- a record held under the law other than a law relating to land titles.
A person’s name and date of birth can be verified via:
- the records of a primary, secondary or tertiary education institution attended within the last 10 years.
- the records of a professional or trade association of which you are a member.